Wednesday, September 12, 2007

To Vista or Not To Vista?


I've been asked a couple of times whether or not someone should upgrade to Vista. I'll try to answer this as simply put as possible, but if I ramble on I can't help it. ;)

First of All, I am one of those people who always wants to have the latest and greatest as well, except for certain things like New Medical Procedures & Operating Systems along with a couple of others. I'll explain the latter since that is what we are talking about. Operating Systems are Software, and there is NO 100% COMPLETE AND PERFECT SOFTWARE, it simply does NOT EXIST. Sad, but true, it is a Software Engineering fact. Based on this, when do you think that a piece of software is at it's worst? Yes, thank you, when it is NEW!

When it comes to Operating Systems like Windows, at least wait long enough for Microsoft to release 1 or 2 Service Packs, so they have found and fixed most of the biggest issues and even worse, Security Flaws & Bugs.

Here are my more specific suggestions:


  • If you are a simple user with simple needs like Internet Access, E-mail, Word Processing and a Spread Sheet here and there, be my guest. Most of the good Hardware deals come with Vista already anyway, but

  • If you have programs and/or applications that you want to transfer into your new machine, forget it. Chances are they won't work, very Good chances actually, which is Bad, I'm confused.. If this is you, as an advanced user, I would suggest that you stick with XP Pro for awhile.

Well so much for that, at least whenever someone asks me again I can point to this post so I don't have to explain it over and over...


By the way, these are MY OPINIONs, if you have others you may POST COMMENTS so the readers may get more information from this blog.


No comments: